– What does Anixter do?
Anixter is a Value Added Distributor of cabling and security infrastructure products used to Build, Connect, Power, and Protect commercial and private facilities.
– How long has Anixter been in the physical security market?
While we have sold various components in this market since the 1980’s, we assembled a focused sales team in 2000.
– Why did you join ONVIF and how long has your company been a member of ONVIF?
Anixter joined ONVIF nine years ago to support the concept of open standards and common network architecture for customers as they build their security systems.
– Is your company involved in any particular working groups?
Anixter participates as an active member in the Technical Services Committee and has done so for nine years.
– What does it mean to you to be a member of ONVIF and what kinds of business impacts have you seen as a result?
Our customers appreciate that an organization that doesn’t manufacture product, offers advice and the integrator’s perspective on the development of solutions that affect their daily lives.
– Are there any specific benefits ONVIF brings to your business?
The ability to speak towards Open Interface of components to allow deeper integration for customers to achieve their goals.
Interested in becoming an ONVIF member? There are several membership categories from which to choose.