ONVIF offers five classes of annual memberships to accommodate different levels of participation: full, contributing, registered affiliate, user and observer.
- Full and contributing members can actively influence the development of the standard by participating in the work of the organization.
- Registered affiliates are affiliates of full and contributing members and share many of the same privileges of their parent company’s membership. For more information, see the Rules of Membership.
- The user member level is open to organizations who wish to use the network interface specification and have access to specification proposals but do not want to participate in any work of the organization.
- The observer member level is open to organizations who do not want to participate in any work within the ONVIF organization, but who is granted certain limited benefits such as the right to access Network Interface Specification test tools. However, observer members may not present, claim, market or promote any hardware product or software application or other device to be qualified as a conformant product. Companies that are device manufacturers or client software vendors may not join at the observer level.
Member privileges at a glance (see also Guide for Members):
* Parent member and its Registered Affiliates share participation and voting privilege.