– What does Commend do?
Commend is a global provider of communication systems and solutions for emergency and threat response that enable the efficient, quick-responding management of public buildings, industrial facilities and public traffic infrastructures. Whether it’s providing customer service in a noisy car park, managing an emergency situation in an industrial facility or responding to school violence, Commend systems provide reliable assistance in terms of efficient, clear communication and responding to challenging situations. In everyday use, the systems help to ensure economically efficient workflows.
– How long has Commend been in the physical security market?
Commend was founded in 1970 and, soon after its founding, began to develop solutions in the physical security market.
– Why did you join ONVIF and how long has your company been a member of ONVIF?
Commend joined ONVIF as a proven platform for providing optimised customer solutions. Within the ONVIF environment, integrating our audio and video solutions into our customer’s existing third-party systems is easy and straightforward. Our systems leverage ONVIF primarily for video applications. Moreover, it allows us to offer our customers the added reassurance of a globally well-established, reliable standard that they can trust.
– Is your company involved in any particular working groups?
– To which specific profiles does your company’s products conform and why is that beneficial to your business?
Profile S. Handling of media streams via ONVIF.
– What does it mean to you to be a member of ONVIF and what kinds of business impacts have you seen as a result?
Being able to make our contribution as a global supplier of communication and security solutions in this exclusive environment is extremely important to us. We also value the opportunity to keep up to date on latest ONVIF features and functions.
– Are there any specific benefits ONVIF brings to your business?
It provides an easy, convenient and user-oriented way of interfacing our cameras with leading third-party video management systems (e.g., Avigilon, Milestone, VDG, Genetec, etc.).
Interested in becoming an ONVIF member? There are several membership categories from which to choose.