– What does IndigoVision do?
IndigoVision provide a complete end-to-end security solution; from your management software to cyber security, cameras to Network Video Recorders and integrations to Artificial Intelligence.
– How long has IndigoVision been in the physical security market?
Since 1994 when the company was founded.
– Why did you join ONVIF and how long has your company been a member of ONVIF?
We joined in 2008 and were among the first Full members. We attended the first official ONVIF meeting in Washington in December 2008 and immediately realized the potential of ONVIF. It coincided exactly with our aim to create a truly open end-to-end system.
– Is your company involved in any particular working groups?
In the early years of ONVIF we contributed to the Storage and Technical committees and to the development of the overall standard.
– To which specific profiles does your company’s products conform and why is that beneficial to your business?
Our Security Management Solution Control Center is Profile S conformant as are all of our cameras. This gives our customers confidence that IndigoVision as a company is standards based and fully interoperable with other vendors’ hardware and software.
– What does it mean to you to be a member of ONVIF and what kinds of business impacts have you seen as a result?
ONVIF’s vision is aligned with our vision. Being a member gives our customers confidence that we do what we say. We have won many successful projects where ONVIF conformance was simply mandatory. Even when it’s not mandatory, we highlight the fact that ONVIF conformance gives customers flexibility of choice.
– Are there any specific benefits it brings to your business?
From an engineering perspective, interoperability standards make my job more efficient. Rather than building and maintaining endless proprietary product drivers, we can focus on developing and supporting good international standards. This means we can focus on delivering software features with true customer value.
Be sure to stop by IndigoVision’s Booth, E310, at IFSEC International from June 19 – 21, 2018.
Interested in becoming an ONVIF member? There are several membership categories from which to choose.