- On our public Website (including its integrated third-party platforms);
- On other platforms or websites, applications, online portals, electronic forms, surveys, interactive exhibits, and any other channel that we operate to facilitate our management of the services we provide to you (e.g., conference registration sites, membership management systems, collaboration tools); and
- In email, text, other electronic messages or by telephone or other communications between you and us and (if you are a member) between you and other members through the ONVIF public Website, ONVIF Member Tools and the ONVIF Member Portal.
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, ONVIF, Inc., a Delaware nonprofit corporation in the United States with the registered address at 5000 Executive Parkway, Suite 302 San Ramon, CA 94583 is the controller of data collected in our Collection Places. This means that we are the primary entity who decides the purposes and means for dealing with your personal information that we collect in our Collection Places.
2. Personal Information You Provide Voluntarily
We collect personal information at our Collection Places provided by you directly when you receive or request our Services. For example, we may receive your name, telephone number, email address, employer, professional title, home or business and mailing address, gender, details regarding your entity and business, your job title, username and password, company contacts for corporate members, photographs, education, and any other information that you voluntarily submit to us.
The personal information you are asked to provide (we will let you know at the point of collecting your information whether its provision is optional or mandatory) is needed so that we may facilitate your access, purchase, use and/or participation in our service offerings, such as (collectively “Services”):
(b) Conferences & Events;
(c) Educational programs;
(d) Online forums;
(e) Product conformance activities;
(f) Volunteer opportunities;
(g) Surveys; and
(h) Any other services and products that are updates or extensions to our Services or relate to other member benefits.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, you may not be able to enjoy certain components of our Services.
Additionally, we will also collect personal information when:
- You request us to contact you via mail, e-mail (including the ONVIF quarterly e-news), or telephone to provide information, updates, or promotions about our Services;
- We enter into agreements for affiliated partnerships (e.g., exhibitors, sponsors, advertisers).
We will provide you with the choice and means for limiting the use and disclosure of your personal information before we use or disclose the information for a purpose that is inconsistent with the purpose described below.
At other times, we may collect information that cannot be used to identify you. For example, we may aggregate non-personal information about you and other customers who visit our Websites. Aggregated information will not contain any information that can be linked directly back to you.
We may receive personal information about you from other sources, including your company/organization. For example, we may receive your personal information if: someone at your company/organization designates you as a contact person for that company/organization; another visitor includes it in any feedback, comments, photos, videos, or other information submitted via online portals, electronic forms, surveys, or interactive portions of in our Collection Places; or one of our employees or service providers provides or a third party acting on apparent authority provides it to us when registering you to access our facilities or in our Collection Places, apply for a job, or participate in one of our events.
For those Website users located outside the United States, we advise you that your information may at times be transferred or accessible by individuals who are located in countries with different data protection laws or that have not been determined to provide the same level of data protection as in your country, province, territory or geopolitical region. By providing us with your personal information, you agree to this potential transfer of your information across international boundaries to jurisdictions anywhere in the world as permitted by local law.
3. Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We may also collect additional information from your web browser each time you visit our Website. We may collect information about the pages that you visit and the time spent on each web page or area of the Website, and other actions that you take while using our Website. This information may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the type of browser, the time that your browser was used to access our Website, and the referring website’s address.
We may also collect information that cannot be used to identify you. For example, we may aggregate non-personal information about you and other individuals who visit our Website. Aggregated information will not contain any information that can be linked directly back to you.
Our Service Providers (defined below) may also use other standard web-based technologies to analyze your movements while accessing our Websites. The technologies include web “beacons,” “pixel tags,” and “clear gifs.” These technologies help us ascertain the effectiveness of our product and service campaigns and marketing programs, allow us to customize the services offered on or through our Website, and help determine the best use for Website content, and product and service offerings. Some of this information, including the IP address, may be stored on our Internet service provider’s server logs, and may be available for extended periods of time. We do not control any third parties’ tracking technology or how they may be used. If you have any questions about such third parties’ tracking technology of data collection practices, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We will offer you the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether your personal information is: (a) to be disclosed to a third party and that third party intends to use the personal information for a purpose that is inconsistent with the purpose for which the personal information was originally collected; or (b) We intend the personal information to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you.
Newsletters, auto-generated emails, and updates from us often include links to manage any subscriptions directly. If you do not wish to receive these communications from us, you can opt-out by following the instructions contained in the messages you receive. Even if you opt-out of receiving these communications, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our Website, including administrative messages. We do not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those communications.
To the extent provided by applicable laws, you may have the right to obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you; to access, correct, or delete your personal information; to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us; to object to or restrict our processing of your personal information in any other context; to deactivate, block, anonymize, or delete personal information as appropriate; or to request and receive a copy of the personal information you have provided us and to transmit this data to a third party. You can exercise all the rights applicable to you by contacting us (see details in the “Privacy Support Contact” section below) or submitting an online enquiry ticket on our Website.
If you reside in the European Economic Area or UK
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or the United Kingdom (UK), you may, in certain circumstances and depending on your location, have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. Including the rights to request to:
- access a copy of the information held about you
- rectify any incorrect or incomplete data we hold about you. It is both in our interest and yours that any personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and current. If the data we hold about you is inaccurate in any way, please contact us to have your personal information corrected. You can also update any incorrect contact information yourself by updating your profile information in the ONVIF Member Tools or by emailing email@example.com.
- delete, restrict or remove the data we hold about you
- transfer the data we hold about you to another party
- object to any further processing of your data, if we are processing your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests or for direct marketing.
The application of the above rights may vary depending on the type of personal information involved, and our particular basis for processing the personal information.
Please note that in respect of all these rights, we reserve the right to:
- refuse your request based on the exemptions set out in the applicable data protection laws.
- request certain information from you to enable us to confirm your identify.
- charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any repetitive, manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
If we refuse your request to exercise these rights, we will give reasons for our refusal and allow you to challenge our decision. If we have shared your data with others, we will tell them about your request to rectify, erase, restrict or object to the processing where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal information so that you can contact them directly.
If you have any concerns about how we handle your data, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied after we’ve tried to resolve your issue, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator for your country of residence.
5. Our Use of Your Personal Information
ONVIF may use your personal information to:
(a) Provide information about our Services and affiliate partnerships;
(b) Fulfill your member benefits, including distribution of ONVIF’s newsletters;
(c) Facilitate your attendance/participation at our conferences and events (both in person and virtual);
(d) Track your attendance at conferences and trade shows;
(e) Prepare invoices and process payments;
(f) Respond to any of your questions or requests or other communications you send to us;
(g) Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contract entered between you and us;
(h) Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information to us;
(i) Present our Website effectively to you; or
(j) Perform any other legitimate purpose reasonably consistent with your membership or affiliated partnership.
Additional uses of your non-personal and personal information will allow us to tailor our Services specific to your needs, to help organize and manage our relationship with you or your business, to conduct business, to provide you with support, and to perform functions that are described to you at the time of collection.
6. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Other ONVIF members may receive certain items of your personal information as part of a membership directory or through collaboration portals. In addition, if you sign up to attend a member meeting or other ONVIF-sponsored event, all other ONVIF members who sign up for the event will be notified of your intended attendance at the event and may be given your full name, address, company name, and email address. We are not responsible for other members use or misuse of your personal information; and
- Affiliated partners, such as exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers, may receive membership lists or event attendance lists that include your full name, address, company name, and email address. We are similarly not responsible for the use or misuse of your personal information by our affiliated partners.
7. Data Storage and Security
We are committed to taking reasonable efforts to secure the information that you choose to provide us and that our Service Providers have implemented physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to assist with safeguarding your personal information, and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Notwithstanding our efforts, the Internet has inherent security risks. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online services. ONVIF has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. You should take care with regard to how you handle and disclose your personal information or any username or password that you are required to use to access all of our Collection Places.
8. Children and Data Collection
Our Website content is not directed toward or intended for use by children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we or our Service Providers become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our databases. If you have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child under 16, please email us at email@example.com.
9. How You May Access and Change the Information that ONVIF Collects
The first time that you provide us with registration information through our Website, you will be informed of the services to which you are registering, including for example our newsletter. Each commercial e-mail, newsletter or update that we send to you will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of continuing to receive such messages. In some instances, we may have already shared your information with one of our authorized third parties before you changed your information preferences, and you may briefly continue to receive e-mail even after you have opted out.
Our Website may make digital forums available to its users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information and is transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website and any such digital forums, and therefore, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information through these areas of the Website. We cannot and do not guarantee that the information you choose to disclose in any digital forums will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Some applications used for digital forums on the Website are served by third-parties. We do not control these third parties’ collection or use of your information or their tracking technologies or how they may be used. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
11. General Information and Privacy Support Contact
Address: ONVIF, Inc., 5000 Executive Parkway, Suite 302 San Ramon, CA 94583