– What does FLIR do?
FLIR is a global leader in the manufacture of sensor systems that enhance perception and heighten awareness, helping to save lives, improve productivity and protect the environment.
– How long has FLIR been in the physical security market?
FLIR has been manufacturing thermal and other sensor systems since 1978, but has focused on providing advanced video, perimeter protection and threat detection solutions for the physical security industry since 2006.
– Why did you join ONVIF and how long has your company been a member of ONVIF?
FLIR joined ONVIF in 2009 and has been a member since then.
– Is your company involved in any particular working groups?
Previously, we have been involved in multiple working groups, and we plan to engage more in the future.
– To which specific profiles does your company’s products conform and why is that beneficial to your business?
At FLIR, we want to be on the forefront of embracing ONVIF standards. For this reason, we conform to most of the profiles that have been released. ONVIF standards are an important aspect of our product development cycle in that before we release firmware, it is validated by an ONVIF tester. We ultimately want to ensure that when we release a product, it can be instantly adopted by other third-party providers, and the ONVIF standards help us achieve that.
– What does it mean to you to be a member of ONVIF and what kinds of business impacts have you seen as a result?
From a business development perspective, ONVIF helps to increase sales and new projects as ONVIF is the protocol used for integration.
– Are there any specific benefits ONVIF brings to your business?
One of the key advantages is that ONVIF drives interoperability. ONVIF provides a means for two companies who haven’t worked out a native integration to mobilize faster for the end user. This interoperability becomes crucial when you release a new product and want to see immediate deployment. Early adoption of product puts FLIR ahead and that’s why ONVIF is crucial to our business.
Interested in becoming an ONVIF member? There are several membership categories from which to choose.