– What does Bosch do?
Protecting lives, buildings and assets is our aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
– How long has Bosch been in the physical security market?
– Why did you join ONVIF and how long has your company been a member of ONVIF?
We are one of the founding members. We saw that there was a need to develop a common language to ease the interoperability of products from various brands. ONVIF was established in 2008 by Axis, Bosch Security Systems and Sony Corporation to develop a global open standard for IP-based physical security products.
– Is Bosch involved in any particular working groups?
Yes, as full member we are involved in different working groups.
– To what specific profiles does your company’s products conform and why is that beneficial to your business?
We try to comply to as many profiles as possible that are relevant for the complete security domain. (Video security and access control) We see a huge benefit in interoperability of products. Also for the future we believe that systems or solutions will be created with different products, hardware and software, from different brands.
– What does it mean to you to be member of ONVIF and what kinds of business impacts have you seen as a result?
We see it as our responsibility to help the industry to continuously improve the interoperability of products. Bosch stands for “Invented for Life” which means that our solutions need to offer an added value and make your life simpler. One of these things is the easy integration of products.
– Are there any specific benefits it brings to your business?
ONVIF support makes our products available to a broad audience using third party software.
Interested in becoming an ONVIF member? There are several membership categories from which to choose.