– What does VIVOTEK do?
VIVOTEK Inc. has become a leading brand in global security surveillance. In response to the rising trend of IoT, VIVOTEK aspires to become the Eye in IOT and offer intelligent IP surveillance solutions with all partners in our shared pursuit of a safe and secure society.
– How long has VIVOTEK been in the physical security market?
VIVOTEK Inc. was founded in February 2000.
– Why did you join ONVIF and how long has your company been a member of ONVIF?
VIVOTEK joined ONVIF in 2008 when ONVIF started, with the aim to provide variety and flexibility in system options for customers, all while working with the different industry players and complying fully with the industry standard.
– Is your company involved in any particular working groups?
From the early years, VIVOTEK has joined the Enhancement and Profile-Q working groups.
– To which specific profiles does your company’s products conform and why is that beneficial to your business?
VIVOTEK products conform to Profile S, G, Q and T (product dependent). With ONVIF as a standard in the surveillance industry, being compliant has allowed VIVOTEK to gain wide market acceptance as well as access to a variety of projects, helping increase sales.
– What does it mean to you to be a member of ONVIF and what kinds of business impacts have you seen as a result?
As a full member, VIVOTEK can actively influence the development of the standard through participation in ONVIF’s work. The full membership allows VIVOTEK to get a clear overview to help fulfill the missing spots in the standard. At the same time, interacting with the different industry players at early stages of planning and development gives a head start on upcoming products and technologies.
– Are there any specific benefits it brings to your business?
After working on several projects worldwide and getting a first-hand experience on the requirements of the industry, we can positively say it does bring business opportunities not only to VIVOTEK but to our partners working with the standard as well. It guarantees a complete and well integrated solution is built while meeting the demanding short time frames for evaluation and deployment.
Interested in becoming an ONVIF member? There are several membership categories from which to choose.